Robust Recipe: Quinoa Black Bean and Veggie Salad
Thanks to my wonderful Jenna T for sending me this crisp and refreshing recipe! This salad makes a great healthy addition to a lunch or just as a snack. This makes a large batch so it will last about a week, if you do not eat it sooner 😉 I cannot wait until the farmer’s markets open so I can get my produce from there to make this fresh salad even fresher.
It’s meatless yet is still a great source of protein (from the quinoa, cheese and beans). It’s gluten free friendly too. Hope you all like it!
1) 1 cup uncooked quinoa
2) 1 cucumber- sliced and chopped
3) 1 container of cherry tomatoes- sliced
4) 2 peppers- yellow, red or green- chopped
5) 15 oz can low sodium black beans (or make them in the crock pot for cheap and no added sodium! I’ll be making a post on how to make beans in a crock pot)
6) 8oz fresh mozzarella cheese or feta cheese or blue cheese (I’ve used both mozzarella and blue. My friend, JT, uses feta; I cannot wait to try it)
7) Season lightly with balsamic vinegar and olive oil OR with light Italian salad dressing
1) Cook quinoa and cool.
2) Mix all chopped and sliced veggies and cheese into a large resealable container and add cooled quinoa.
3) Either season as a whole or season in individual batches (I seasoned individually so I could have a few different flavors for the same salad). I also enjoyed it without any dressing.
Be sure to share and enjoy!
Let’s Be Robust!