Robust Recipe: Mexican Lasagna
This might be my new favorite dish. I got this idea from a co-worker and made up the recipe with ideas from her black bean Mexican lasagna. It’s g-free, loaded with veggies and lean protein, a good source of calcium and vitamin D as well.
1) 18 corn tortillas
2) 1 green pepper, chopped
3) 1 small onion, chopped
4) 2-3 roma tomatoes, chopped
5) 1- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
6) 6-8oz enchilada sauce
7) 1/3 lbs cooked ground turkey
8) I didn’t measure the amount of spices I used. Just sprinkled these spices over one layer of the lasagna: chili powder, cumin, ground pepper, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, red pepper flakes
I used a 9×13 glass pan. I sprayed the bottom with cooking spray because I was not sure whether the corn tortillas would stick. I’m not sure it was needed but the lasagna did not stick to the pan- you can decide what to do 😉
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
1) Place 6 corn tortillas on the bottom of the pan.
2) Drizzle some enchilada sauce over the tortillas.
3) Spread cheese across the tortillas.
4) Sprinkle tomatoes, onion and green peppers across the tortillas.
5) Sprinkle some ground turkey over the tortillas.
6) Over one layer sprinkle all the spices.
7) Repeat this until you’ve reached the top of the pan. Over the top layer sprinkle shredded cheese.
8) Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes. This is a great leftovers dish; it tastes great re-heated in the microwave.
Be sure to share and enjoy!
Let’s Be Robust!