Robust Recipe: Quinoa Pizza!
I’ve made Quinoa Pizza a few times for different guests we’ve had over for dinner and these individual sized pizzas have been well received. I got the idea for these from a couple different pinterest sites, however have tweaked this particular recipe to my liking.
Being made with quinoa, they are obviously higher in protein and fiber and much lower in fat than your traditional pizza. Therefore are a great alternative to take out! I highly recommend giving them a try!
1 cup uncooked quinoa (~2 cups cooked)
2-4 tbs fresh basil, chopped (you can also use dried)
2-4 tbs fresh oregano, chopped (you can also used dried)
1 tbs paprika
3/4 cup part skim mozzarella, shredded
2/4 cup onion, chopped
3/4 cup turkey pepperoni, chopped
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
Pizza sauce (side)
Yields about 10 quinoa pizzas; Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
1) Cook the quinoa (should yield about 2 cups).
2) Cut up the fresh herbs, turkey pepperoni, onion and shred mozzarella.
3) Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl (cooked quinoa, mozzarella, Parmesan, onion, pepperoni, herbs/spices, eggs).
4) Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
5) Use a spoon to fill the muffin tin up with the mixture.
6) Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-40 min.
7) Enjoy with a side of heated pizza sauce.
Be sure to share and enjoy!
Let’s Be Robust!