Fitness Tip: Winter Workouts
If you’re like me and really dislike cold weather, getting outside to be active can be difficult. Here are some ideas to make the frigid winter air not seem so repulsive.
1) Make a Snowman -Grab a friend, family member, significant other or kid (hopefully not a random one;) and make the biggest snowman that you can!
2) Snow Shoe-I’ve gone a few times when I was younger and it was really fun, however we had to rent the shoes- see if you can rent shoes somewhere near your place!
3) Ice Skate-There are always lots of free places to go ice skating in a city! My dad used to make an ice skating rank in our back yard when we were little…that made for some really fun times.
4) Cross Country Ski-What a great way to explore the country side!
5) Downhill Ski-Or of course snowboard….Skiing is so much better though.;)
6) Snowball Fight -Grab some friends or even just one other person and start a war!!
7) Sled -Run up the hill and get an even better calorie burning sledding session.
8) Winter Hike or Jog-Bundle up at take a walk! Who doesn’t like a winter wonderland stroll? Be careful of ice!
9) Build a Snow Fort-You’re never too old to make a fort.
10) Shovel Snow -Your driveway and your neighbor’s! None of this snow blower stuff…
Hope you can enjoy some of these chilly weather activities this season! Don’t let the cold winter blues keep you from staying robust!!
Let’s Be Robust!